WWF-Russia and Kamchatka krai have signed a cooperation agreement
On December 11, Dmitry Groshkov and Vladimir Solodov signed a document to coordinate efforts on conservation of vulnerable regional ecosystems. The joint work in the future will be focused on several subjects. They are:
- regional biodiversity conservation;
- implementation of top-notch practices of environmental management;
- support of the regional system of protected areas;
- support of environmentally sustainable business initiatives;
- improvement of existing methods of environmental education of the public.
The agreement was concluded for a period of five years and is extendable by tacit renewal. An implementation plan will follow up the agreement before January 1, 2021. The plan will describe goals and means of their achievement, events and timetable. The plan is expected to be approved by both sides of the agreement not later than February 1.