What we do
Sustainable forest management
Climate and energy
Development of a network of specially protected natural areas
About WWF Russia
What has been done already?
- The President of the Russian Federation has approved the "Basis of State Policy in the Field of Ecological Development of the Russian Federation until 2030".
- The Government of the Russian Federation has approved national forest policy.
- The Federal Law "On the Protection of the Seas against Oil Pollution" has been adopted.
- Important changes have been made in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation and the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation toughening penalties for illegal extraction, trafficking and smuggling of especially valuable animals listed in the Red Book of the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Russia.
- Amendments to the Federal Law "On Specially Protected Natural Areas" have been adopted.
- Amendments have been made to the Federal Law “On Fisheries and the Protection of Aquatic Biological Resources”, which prohibit the use of drift-nets.
- The government of the Russian Federation has included Korean pine in the "List of species (variety) of trees and shrubs, the logging of which is not allowed".
- A draft has been developed of a law aimed at improving legal regulation of environmental impact assessment, state environmental inspection and the introduction of strategic environmental assessment.
- A strategic environmental assessment of the social and economic development of the Zabaykalsky Krai has been carried out.