Stats of final score in the ranking by years
The rating is calculated for each of three areas: management (Section «Environmental management), operational (Section «Environmental impact»), informational (Section «Information disclosure»).
Average company section score in 2021: 0.2500 (Industry average: 0.95)
- commitments to reduce landscape fragmentation and disturbed land area when developing new territories;
- commitments of freshwater ecosystems or spawning rivers preservation;
- commitments to protect animal migration routes;
- willingness to avoid work in protected areas (SPNAs), their buffer zones, World Natural Heritage sites, and International Wetlands (Ramsar);
- policies on hazardous substances and processes (e.g. cyanides, mercury, heap leaching);
- policies and standards for priority semi-dry, dry and underground disposal of tailings;
- requirements for conducting a comprehensive EIA for each project from construction to disposal within the boundaries of the project and its affiliated projects;
- prohibiting employees, including contractors, from hunting and fishing in the company's project implementation area;
- comprehensive program for financing major environmental activities;
- requirements for environmental responsibility of partners in supply chains, including service delivery;
- requirements for extending the company's environmental standards to the contractors' activities.
- funds allocated for biodiversity conservation measures;
- an approved list of indicative species in the areas of presence or operation of the company;
- availability of research and/or monitoring programs for indicator species;
- public availability of results of scientific research and works in the area of biodiversity conservation;
- mechanisms for stakeholder involvement in discussing programs targeted at biodiversity conservation (discussing methods, results, etc.)
Average company section score in 2021: 0.2222 (Industry average: 0.883)
Average company section score in 2021: 0.3750 (Industry average: 0.942)
All rights reserved.